Thursday, November 12, 2009

Klickstein's book about practicing


Dear Flutists,
Take a look at this new book out on the basics of practicing and performing music.
You can read most of it here: The Musician's Way (google books preview)

And the author, Klickstein, also has an interactive and informative blog as well as a very useful set of musician's links to peruse.

Performance links

Musician Wellness

Musician Creativity

Very informative and thorough. I've ordered a copy from Amazon.ca in paperback.
Other similar titles welcomed (although I've read a TON on this topic---I'm still actively seeking handy and pithy resources such as this for my University level music students.)
Great stuff. Very to the point.

Best,
Jen
Comments (3)
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like another great resource. What musician wouldn't benefit from learning better practice habits? I look forward to reading more of this. Thanks for posting!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The Practice of Practice [Kindle Edition]
Jonathan Harnum
I've just downloaded it on my Kindle and will read some of it when I wake up at 4 am!
I'll let you know, but it seems intersting.
Cheers, Michael

Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:47:00 PM

 
Blogger jen said...

Thanks Michael for the book title/author. Will read it! Thanks.
Jen

Saturday, March 21, 2015 6:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment