Saturday, March 12, 2011

Andersen op. 15 lessons by Paul Edmund Davies



Dear Flutists,
I just love these new "works in progress" videos by Paul Edmund Davies.
He combines the teaching of the Andersen Opus 15 studies 1, 2 and 3, with exercises from his wonderful book: The 28 day Warm Up Book - For All Flautists, Eventually.

Here are the videos and I think they seriously ROCK, plus, of course, what an incredible vindication of all that I know about etudes. Enjoy!
(Note: My computer runs these videos smoothly at 480 or 360 but NOT 720; so maybe so adjust if necessary.)

Etude no. 1 opus 15



Etude no. 2 op. 15



Etude no. 3 op. 15



Please free to comment below. Best, Jen
Comments (5)
Blogger MATTHEW TAYLOR said...

Dear Jen
I am so glad to be wrong. I always thought Andersen studies all sucked big time but it was just my playing. Doh!!

This is a great resource a interesting to listen to such a good player and teachers thoughts.

If anyone wants to listen to a recording of Andersen Op.15 No3 played really well with circular beathing have a look and listen to
Gergely Ittzés.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JGxNMRZSao

best
Matt

Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:41:00 AM

 
Anonymous Moana Kutsche said...

Um... Zowie!!! Very helpful methodology for studying etudes, taken along with Jen's excellent article. Always good to be reminded that etudes should sound musical. Thank you.

- Moana Kutsche

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:40:00 PM

 
Blogger jen said...

Happy to hear that! Thanks! J.

Friday, March 25, 2011 2:38:00 PM

 
Anonymous Helen Bledsoe said...

Thanks for posting these videos, I didn't know about them. I am about to publish my experiences with P. E.-D.'s 28 Day Warmup on my blog, so I did a little research and found your entry. Your blog is such a great resource!

Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:05:00 AM

 
Blogger jen said...

Thanks Helen. I really truly look forward to your blog post. Love this book! Thanks again! Jen

Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment