Saturday, March 15, 2008

Jen performs Ravel & Ibert

Dear fellow flutists,

I present to you a video in which, just between the magic of Ravel's Piece en forme de Habanera, and the firey Entr'acte by Ibert, a cameraman sneezed (no doubt frenzied by the enthrallment) and the other camera fell down with a bang.

I have edited out that bit, because it happened on the last note of the Ravel (you can hear the pre-explosion).

Hahhahahaa! :>D

Well at least you can enjoy this 2003 performance without sneezing too hard yourself.



or link to youtube here.

Leave comments please please; I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for watching.

Best, Jen :>)
Comments (3)
Blogger Sheila said...

Very, very neat! I'll have to play that eventually. :D

The really interesting thing, was that I had it playing on your blog, and then accidentally opened it and started playing it in Youtube too, and it actually sounded really good together! My first thought was "I didn't think I saw another flute there that she was going to do a duet with!"

Anyway, fantasmical stuff. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sheila

Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:09:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen the Entr'acte by Ibert woke me out of a bad day thankyou. I loved the vitality and the tone colours in this piece, I'm dusting off my flute now.

Thanks Jen


Matt Taylor
Australia

Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:25:00 PM

 
Blogger jen said...

Gosh Matt, thanks so very much. Inspiration is ALWAYS everything in art...at least that's what I find. :>) Jen

Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment