Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fluteloops 3, 4 & 5 on Stagefright Cures!!

Dear Flute teachers,musicians, students, and colleagues,

Wow!! Have you noticed my silence over the past month?
Well notice it no more. I've been working hard editing new radio shows.
And, oh yes....ur, um....I positively BLATHERED when I had the huge honour of interviewing stagefright expert, author Michael Goode for my most recent Fluteloops radio show online.

Michael Goode (author of "Stagefright in Music Performance" and another new book on fearlessness in performing) contacted me, after reading this blog, and offered to be interviewed about his stagefright workshops, books, and ideas, and the interview was fascinating!

You can listen to his other interviews on BBC radio,etc. which are great, fact-specific interviews. Just go to his website TrumpetWorksPress.

Indeed I was bowled over by the new information on stagefright that he has brought to light.And imagine the thrill of being able to ask further questions about how to handle various facets of the music business and working with others.

Well, hear it all on Fluteloops Shows 3 through 5.
Alot of great music, stories (my own stagefright past frights!) and more to come!!
Enjoy!!
And please share your own views and stories in the comment section below.
Thankyou Michael!!
Jen Cluff
Comments (4)
Blogger jen said...

Hi Jennifer,

Just listened to the Flute loops with Michael Goode. thank you thank you & thank you!!!
Now that my life is flashing before me and many things are looking
different....
When will #6 be up??? looking forward,
C.

Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:16:00 PM

 
Blogger jen said...

The above was sent to my regular email, but I thought I'd reprint it here. This is so AMAZING, to know that folks are listening and commenting.
Makes it all worthwhile.
Got some great new guests lined up (John Wion and others!) and Fluteloops 6 and 7 that make up the rest of the Stagefright topic are soon to come.
keep those cheerfully cheering comments coming. Thanks!! Jen

Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Willie said...

Hi Jennifer,

I saw this performance of a the Carnival of Venice and it reminded me of everything you said about how in an orchestra, or any ensemble, there needs to be a positive air about it and there shouldn't be tension on the stage. I just wanted to share this video with you because it relates so much to what you said. The orchestra is truly having fun on stage and is working together to put on a spectacular performance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2M4aS9-oi4

---Willie

Friday, March 28, 2008 3:31:00 PM

 
Blogger jen said...

Dear W.
I would think you'd also enjoy THIS Carnival of Venice:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=TzugM5ySRWU

Thanks for your comment.
J.

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment